Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Our Little Blessing

It's hard to put into words what I have been feeling, what I've seen!! It's amazing, I'm here in our son's birthcountry. Julie was right, nothing can prepare what you will see here but I've also seen & met the most beautiful people!!!

The reason why I have not posted is because where we are staying we have no electric maybe an hour a day, no hot water, actually they will boil you some if you need it. It has been an experience to say the least, however the women & men there are such beautiful kind people who are christians, it has been awesome to hear their stories. Cooper Habtamu is truly "Our Little Blessing" he smiles alot, we have played, played and played, we have played ball, we have read books, & he loves, loves bubbles, he loves to blow bubbles and he loves to watch his mama chase them & try and pop them. We have been looking at our family pics and he points and says, "mama, dada, bubby, sissy & sissy & smiles the most beautiful smile. We mainly communicate through gestures and smiles but I know when he needs to potty & when he is hungry, he eats alot. His belly is extremely big, heartbreaking!!!!!! He will need to see Dr. Joe soon when we get home. We just had a great lunch at the Hilton, Kristy is walking him around right now while I blog, she has been such a blessing, soooo thankful she is here. We got so tickled last night, we have a big group of girls from China staying with us & they came in last night shortly after I rocked Cooper to sleep and they were soooo loud & so giggly that Kristy and I could not help but giggle. Plus we had no electric we walked around our room by candlelight and had to venture to the bathroon in complete dark. We basically laughed ourselves to sleep. Needless to say it has been very humbling!!!!

I can't wait for you all to meet this sweet, sweet boy, his smile & giggles will melt your heart!!! I can't wait for him to meet his dada, his bubby, sissy & sissy. I miss you guys soooooooo much, but am so thankful that I am here in Cooper's birthcountry. Hugs & kisses not sure I will get to post again. Please continue to pray for our trip & for Cooper!!! Love you all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So happy you have Cooper with you.I know he is loving you as he will the rest ofyour family when you get home. Praying for you all for the rest of your time there and travel time home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear everything went smoothly. Have you heard the prayer call yet?? EARLY in the morning?? Thinking of you guys and praying! Won't be long and you'll be united as a family of 6:-)

    ReplyDelete