Monday, June 28, 2010

12 Days, Kristy & I are leaving in 12 days, aaahhhh!!

I can't believe it, 12 more days & I will be on my way to get our baby boy, wow. We have soooo many different emotions right now, excited, nervous, anxious and me emotional about so many things, can't wait to get our boy but sad about leaving, Timmy & I are rarely away from each other and we are rarely away from our kids. PLus I'm scared about flying, I HATE to fly. Kristy keeps assuring me that all will be well and that Tylenol pm is our friend, hah!!!! So thankful, that she is going with me, she has been amazing. Several people including our pastor said yesterday what a great person to travel with!! Please pray for our trip, that our Lord will keep us safe and healthy while we are away. Please pray for Timmy and the kids while I'm gone, please pray for Cooper this will be difficult for him, I spoke with our director and she said that he is really taken with his nanny. Also he has not yet had his TB test they wait and do this at the last minute, please pray that he is healthy!!!!! Please pray that God will work on his little heart to accept us & that God will knitt our hearts together.

This will be our Travel Itinerary
Depart Cincinnati @ 3:10 p.m. on Saturday July 10th
Arrive @ JFK @ 5:36 p.m. (flight 2hrs 26 min)
Depart from JFK @ 11:00 p.m.
Arrive In Dubai @ 7:45 p.m. on Sunday July 11th (flight 12hrs 45min)
Kristy & I are staying over in Dubai for the night
Depart from Depai Monday July 12 @ 8:25 a.m.
Arrive in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia @ 11:30 a.m. (flight 4 hrs 5 min)
Monday July 12th GOTCHA DAY, will go pick up Cooper @ Transition House, wow!!!!!!
Depart Addis Ababa @7:35 p.m.( With our boy!!!) Friday July 16
Arrive in Dubai @12:45 a.m. Saturday July 17 ( flight 4 hrs 10 min)
Depart from Dubai @2:00 a.m. Saturday July 17
Arrive @JFK @ 7:45 a.m. (flight 13 hrs 45 min)
Depart from JFK @10:40 a.m.
Arrive in Cincinnat @12:50 p.m. (flight 2hrs 10 min)
Yeaaahhhhhh!!!! Home with our Boy.
WE will be arriving at Terminal 3
Some of our family, close friends & church family have asked if they could join Timmy & the kids
To Welcome us home, of course!
We will need to have bonding time, try to establish some routine & getting to know each other time
As a family of 6, once we get home!!!
Your thoughts, prayers and encouraging words have meant so much!!! God has truly blessed
Us with some amazing people in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for God to be in control of your traveling times and that he will give you strength and peace during that time.I pray that He will help little Cooper to feel your love for him and that transion for him will be easy.Enjoy your time with him and I know he will be loved by all your family and friends.God has blessed so richly with Lola Joy and I pray that your family will feel that blessing as well with Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!!! I heard about your upcoming trip with Kristie last night at church and was so excited for you!!!!!! I know you and your family have worked and waited a long time for Cooper to finally come home. Praying as you wait these final few days and for your trip. So glad that God is giving you all the desire of your hearts!!

    ReplyDelete