Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pink, Grayson's favorite color. Today is my baby girls birthday. I can not believe she is 3 today. This day 3 years ago we got the shock of our lives. Grayson was not due until June 15 & I was scheduled for a c-section June 1st. Needless to say someone could not wait to get her, she wanted to surprise all of us and has continued to do so. What's so funny to me is that on the way to the hospital, and even after getting there I was in denial about being in labor I argued with the OB nurse that there is no way I was in labor, that she was mistaken, as if she had no idea what she was talking about, lol! I was a mess, I wanted Timmy to call my mom, my sister and my friend Julie Stanley right then. I look back at our first pictures in the hospital and in the NICU and how small and frail she looked, she had so many wires, monitors and tubes in her little 4 lb 14 oz body. That was a very scary time for us, one of the scariest moments of my life, I recall my faith being shaking at the time, I had always given my worries and concerns to God so easily, this time was much harder for me. I just remember praying daily & at time's more like hourly that God would help her grow stronger with each new day, and of course our God reminded me that he is faithful and answered soooo many prayers during that time. I also can't help but to think if she had been born in another country, a country like Ethiopia, that our happy ending would not have been a happy one. We take sooooo many things for granite here in our country.

Today she is a smart healthy beautiful girl. She keeps all of us entertained. She is soooo funny and so much fun to hang out with. I know that God has special plans for Grayson, I can see her someday trying to save the world, even at 3 she is sooo compassionate, she says the sweetest most heartfelt prayers already. She is also very excited to have a little brother on the way. Grayson and Cooper are the same age and according to his medical exam they are the same size, height and weight. I know that that they will be best friends. What a blessing!!!!! We love you baby Faye, Faye or I guess now I should say big girl Grayson Faye, she's reminded me several times today that she's big now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment