Friday, May 14, 2010

Catch Up

Well, I have not posted since Grayson's b-day. Alot has been going on, so much emotionally the last couple of weeks. Plus my 2 boys got home on Sunday Mother's Day from their DC Trip & we have just been playing catch up with one another. They had a great time, the pics are awesome, I will try and share some photos later on. The 3 of us girl's really missed them, but did take advantage of our girl time. The girls and I got up early Mother's Day and went to church for the traditional Mother's Day breakfast, it was awesome, we have some men in our church that can really cook, my dad being 1 of them, he's the best! Our pastor had wanted to show Cooper's slide show on this day and for me to introduce it. Needless to say this is normally not my cup of tea, I really have a hard time speaking in front of alot of people & we had a packed house that day. But I just prayed that God would get me through it and to him be the Glory!!! My focus was not necessarily as much on Cooper but of his mother and the choice that she had to make to give her baby boy up for adoption, a choice that no mother should have to make and that sooo many mother's in Ethiopia & in other 3rd world countries are faced with. TEARS!!!!!! This is completely heartbreaking!!! I asked that our church pray for all of the orphans in the world and their momma's. The love & support and heartfelt comments regarding the momma's out there & the unconditional love they have for their babies & what a selfless act on their behalf made all the anxiety worth it. We are so blessed with an awesome church family, that have seen us through several tough times over the years. As Shelby would say "You guys rock!!"

WE HAVE A COURT DATE. Sue e-mailed me on Tuesday May 11th. Our court date is June 4th, this is the day we will find out if Cooper will become officially our baby boy. Of course for the 5 of us we have felt that he is ours from the moment we saw his picture!!! I can't wait to be able to post his pics and show him off, he's precious! Please pray that all will go well and that we will pass the first time, shockingly enough not all families do. Please pray that our father will continue to keep him safe in his arms until we can bring him home. Please pray that God will work on his little heart to accept us as his family and bond with us quickly, we just hope and pray that he will be as crazy in love with us as we are him. Please pray that Kristy and I will have a safe trip, hopefully if all goes well we will be leaving sometime in July to get him. She and I are so excited for our trip, we get all giddy when we talk about it. I feel so blessed to have her going with me, 1st of all she is world traveler extraordinaire and she is so much fun and such a child (woman) of God, a great friend and to think I use to babysit her, I like to take some credit in what an awesome young woman she has become, hah!!!! Every one's thoughts, prayers and support mean everything to us. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment