Friday, May 13, 2011

An Overdue Mother's Day Post

This week my wife and my oldest daughter headed off to Washington, D.C. for Williamstown's 5th grade trip. As we anxiously await for their return I wanted to share an anonymous quote regarding mothers.

Nobody knows of the work it makes
To keep the home together.
Nobody knows of the steps it takes,
Nobody knows-but Mother.

Now I've always realized this, but this week I've come to know it all too well.

I have been so blessed to have such a wonderful mother.

And I am so blessed to have such an amazing wife who is the best mother to our 4 children.

Not just because of the things she does that the rest of us take for granted, but for the selfless love and sacrifice that only she can give.

It's only been 2 days since they left, but we can't wait for Mom and Shelby to get home. Even Collin is starting to realized and appreciate just how special his Mom is.

Mattie and Shelby

We love you more than words.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks honey, too sweet of you to make the time to post this while I was gone, your the best!!! Lym

    ReplyDelete